Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Happy 9th Birthday, Micah!

Wow, can it really have been 9 years already? I can hardly believe this will be Micah's last year in the single-digits. It seems like Micah has grown up a lot this year. He is no longer infatuated with Thomas the Train or even Hot Wheels. Now, it is nothing but sports and video games.

As a 9-year-old, Micah:
-loves sports. His favorites are baseball and soccer.
-loves to read. He has really taken off as a reader this year and will sit with his nose in a book for hours.
-is into anything that has to do with Pokemon.
-loves video games. We seriously have to limit his time on the Wii and ds or he would play all day.
-does NOT like to take showers or change his socks.(what is it with boys this age?)
-has still been known to watch Barbie movies with his sisters.
-is still the slightest bit of a mama's boy at times(not as much any more, though, so I take those moments when I can get them now).
-still has to have about 20 stuffed animals on his bed to sleep with him at night.
-can be very stubborn and strong-willed. This is nothing new. I think he was pretty much born that way. Too bad I can't blame it on anyone either because I am pretty sure he gets it from me.
-likes to be in control. He is definitely a first-born child. We are working on turning this into an asset. He has some great leadership qualities that just need a little work.
-can also be very sweet and kind-hearted. Even his teacher this year sent a note home and described him as a "very smart and kind boy".
Overall, Micah, we love you for who you are, including all your little quirks and "boyness".

For the first time ever, I convinced Micah to have his birthday party somewhere other than our house. This was a relief to me, especially with all the projects we have going on right now. One of the hotels here rents out their pool area for parties, so we decided to have a pool party in October! We also got a whole banquet room set up for us where we had snacks for the kiddos, cake, and presents. It was definitely a hit with the kids and with me, since I hardly had to do anything.

They even put Micah's name on the reader board by the front desk. I think he was pretty impressed.


Snacks, anyone?


Time for cake!




The kids mostly swam the whole time, which was great!




And, check out these little hot-tubbers. This is where we found Lily, Lucy, and the Boneck girls most of the night.



1 comment: