As a Kindergartener this year, Lily got to go to the Country Mercantile pumpkin patch. As I am typing this, I am realizing that this was her last pumpkin patch field trip, as 1st graders and up don't get a field trip to the pumpkin patch. So sad...anyway, Lucy and I got to tag along. The weather was not the greatest. It was a little cold for my taste (and Lucy's too, she was not a fan of the cold). It rained the whole way there, then stopped while we were there, then started to rain again as we were walking to the car to leave. Talk about perfect timing. Otherwise, it was a lot of fun. We got to go on a hayride out to the pumpkin patch, go through a hay maze (where poor Lucy got plowed over by some of the boys), climb a giant hay stack, and pet some animals. They even had a real reindeer.
Lily with the "perfect pumpkin". She had to walk all the way to the end of the field just to search for this pumpkin. When the other kids were getting back on the hay trailer, she was still wandering back. That's Lily for you...gotta love that girl!

And Lucy found one just her size, too!

The reindeer was actually kind of grumpy. When the kids tried to pet him, he kind of butted his head at them. I guess I can't really blame him.

Coming out of the tunnel in the hay stack.

And here is Lily with two of her best friends from Kindergarten, Cameron and Joelle.
No comments:
Post a Comment