December is always a busy month and as much as I love it, sometimes I feel pretty overwhelmed by all there is to do. We started off the month by setting up the Christmas tree. We broke down and bought an artificial tree last year and I never thought I would say it but I love it. It is so nice to just be able to pull it out set it up. It needs no water, it is pre-lit, always straight, and there are no pine needles to vacuum every day (just the usual dirt, crumbs, and pieces of playdough that I have to vacuum now). Now that the kids are a little older, I love watching them pull out ornaments that they recognize from previous years. Every year, they each get a new ornament and they are remembering which ones are theirs and sometimes even when they got them. I always get a little sentimental when we get out their "First Christmas" ornaments. They wanted me to take their pictures with their ornaments this year. Of course, seeing them holding the ornaments with their baby pictures choked me up a bit. It is hard to believe how tiny they all were.



My sewing machine as been busy lately, too. Here are some of my recent projects:
Christmas jammies for the girls.

Pillowcase dress for Lucy. She calls it her "Baby Jesus dress".

Christmas outfits for the girls. I don't even know what I was thinking here. It all started when I saw these little fur coats at Gap Kids, but I am way to cheap(or thrifty, as I like to think of it) to pay $58 a piece. They were so cute though, and the more I looked at them, the more I thought, "I bet I could make these". So, I found a free pattern for a similar jacket and waited until Black Friday so I could use my 40% off coupon for the fabric at Craft Wharehouse. $25 later (plus more hours with my sewing machine and trusty seam ripper than I want to mention), we had two little fur coats. I even learned how to use my button-holer. Of course, they needed something to wear their coats with, so I had to make some fancy skirts. They turned out pretty decent, but I think next year we will stick with buying Christmas dresses from Costco ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment