Even though it is almost Christmas, I am realizing I haven't posted since Halloween. The last couple of months have flown by and I have been a major blog slacker. Lucy got to have her very own Thanksgiving Feast at preschool. I love this. The week before Thanksgiving, Miss Jan reads the kids the book, "Stone Soup". Then, she assigns each child something to bring to the feast so they can make their own "Stone Soup". It is usually something easy like one carrot, two stalks of celery, one can of tomatoes...you get the picture. There are a few lucky parents, though, that get to bring things like barley or a pound of cooked hamburger. The funny thing is, the day before we got our "assignments", Mel was telling me that she was hoping for something easy this year, since last year she had to bring a pound of cooked hamburger. When I opened up Lucy's backpack, I just had to laugh because Lucy was assigned a pound of cooked hamburger. Thanks a lot for jinxing me, Mel.
Anyway, after the kids help Miss Jan make Stone Soup, all the parents are invited for a feast. First, the kids came out in the costumes they made and sing some Thanksgiving songs. They also made little drums and rainmakers. Lucy got really into some of the songs and was really rocking out on her "drum".



After the performance, we all got to feast on "Stone Soup", cheese, crackers, cookies, grapes, jello, and even pumpkin pie. Yum! Here is Lucy with her friend, Talon from her class. Apparently, this little boy loooves Lucy. His mom says that he talks about her all the time and even told her, "Mom, Lucy is the perfect girl". So sweet.
Soooo cute! Gotta love that little Lucy bug monkey!
ReplyDelete