Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Room Fit For a Princess (or two)

We finally put the finishing touches on the girls' room this weekend. And the best thing is, the only thing I bought new was the curtains and sheets! Lily wanted a pink and golden princess room and a big fancy canopy over her bed, but she settled for a few golden touches and some much simpler canopies above the beds. I made the canopies out of some shelves that were in Lucy's old room and a pair of hot pink sheer curtains that were hanging in Lily's room. A little gold spray paint and they were transformed. I found the curtain rod at a yard sale for a dollar and spray-painted it gold, too. The picture frames on the wall are some old frames that I painted, too.


And the dresser and nightstand were Isaiah's grandma's, also transformed with a fresh coat of paint.


A super-girly room for our two little princesses! Now, if I can just get started on our playroom...

1 comment:

  1. okay so how behind am i on reading your blog?? and was this room done when i was over? cant believe you didnt show me! i would have bragged if i were you- it looks GREAT!! :)

    ReplyDelete